Saturday, October 14, 2017

HOU 2, NYY 1

Do not adjust your set: same score as last night, but with a rooooof twist for the Yanks, as Sanchez is going to get clocked for the next two days for not holding onto that ball, fairly or not. 

Not great news for Yanks pickers, either, as Judge posts nothing but whiffs, again, and Severino goes negative:

Severino -2
Chapman 1

Altuve 2
Correa 6

Verlander 15 (13K - 1BB + 3 for the CG)

And you'll simply never guess who had all three of the big points-getters. Hee. The money before the night game:

Shotwell 2 83
Stempel 72
Yuhan 2 71

Currie 1 not far behind at 68, but look out for

Bauer Noobs 65
Shotwell 1 64
Williams 62 
and Cooley 59

who are all sporting Kershaw plus some Dodger hitters. The former is perhaps likelier to make a difference than the latter after a few days off (and nobody who picked Seager is going to make any progress in the LCS; his back has him off the roster), but I guessed Lackey as the Cubs starter and Maddon went with Jose Q, and order has been restored to the universe with my second slate once again in dead last, so what do I know, is the point.

Actually, I know this: we always see some big swings in the early LCS going, so buckle up, and good luck!

2 comments:

Stempel said...

I am in 2nd??? With my zombie slate??? Wtf?

Paul Bauer said...

I submitted Kluber by mistake instead of Dallas on my "noobs" slate. If that comes back to bite me, I will never forgive myself (insert dramatic music here).