Monday, October 30, 2017

HOU 13, LAD 12 (10)

Things were already within the city limits of Bonkaloo by the time I fell asleep...I think it was 8-7 Los Angeles at that point? And I kind of hate myself for not propping my eyelids open with toothpicks, because what we're seeing, I would say, is the most...meritorious match-up, I guess, that I can remember. The teams aren't similar in the how, but they're so close in terms of what they can execute, every game is really fun, just a clinic on how to make shit happen.

Now we're in elimination-game territory, and I'm torn: these Astros are great, the team's never won the whole enchilada, and Houston could use the boost. But the Dodgers are great too, and my Brooklyn-dwelling ass can't root against them, plus they went into the postseason with several former Mets on the roster (now I think it's just Turner; the hapless McHugh was also a Metropolitan product, I believe). And you kind of want this for Kershaw, if only to drive a stake through the heart of the postseason-choke narrative at last. (Kershaw pickers might want to drive a stake through something else entirely since he lost them a point.)

"Speaking of that: Buntsy, quit trying to avoid arithmetic and give us the stats." But wait, I had a whole thing on Sideshow Gurriel's hair okay fine here we go.

Bellinger 7
Puig 4
Seager 2
Turner 2

Kershaw -1

Altuve 7
Bregman 2
Correa 7
Springer 5

Keuchel 2

Thanks to Correa, Bauer climbs back into second place:

171 Yuhan
155 Bauer
151 Currie

Rest of the standings after the jump! 


138 Shotwell 2

129 Cooley
128 Shotwell 1
122 Williams

114 Powell

104 MArbour 2, Stempel
101 Ansell, Winklepleck
100 Reid

92 Drake 2
90 Tormey, Drake 1, Bingham 2

86 Bingham 1
83 Brady

56 oh, nothing, just hangin' out

-----

Yuhan is unlikely to be caught unless Verlander craps the bed AND Springer has a 4-HR game, but if that's going to happen in any postseason, it's this one. Verlander v. Hill on Tuesday night; until then, pearl-clutching and math-checking both welcome in the comments, and good luck!

1 comment:

Williams said...

I am so glad I do not root for either of these teams, because this is SO FUN.