Thursday, October 5, 2017

And away we go!

BPP 2017 is on, friends. A few notes after compiling the slates, which is one of the funnest parts of the process for me, as I get a bird's-eye view of everyone's thought processes:

- bloom is off the Cubs this postseason, especially on the pitching side; some Cubbeenie picks, but not nearly as dominant as last year

- confidential to the side bettors who guessed the over on Judge picks: only four total, far lower than I would have predicted

- Altuve is our most popular hitter pick; Kluber leads the pitchers (and picks overall)

- once again, no duplicates

The real fun begins at 4 ET when Boston and Houston face off (MLB Network); then it's Yankees at Cleveland at 7:30 on FS1. Tomorrow, of course, is a full slate when the NLDSes get underway, or as it's now known here at Fort Rad II, "Pool Prom."

Good luck, everyone! I would say "see you back here this evening," but I have wine club and I am not trying to Math While Intoxicated over here, so look for a full update tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

LeighBee said...

I'm probably Commenting While Sleeping over here, but did I miss the link to see all the picks? I need to know who to scowl at.

Sarah D Bunting said...

Nope! I forgot to post it because it's Senile Awareness Month here at BPP. Sorry, what were you asking?

jk, I'll post it shortly.