Tuesday, October 12, 2010

TEX 5, TB 1

As I IM'd John during the top of the 9th, "Ohhhhhh SHIT."

To the surprise of most, Tampa is out, and the pool loses a fair number of picks. To the surprise of few, Lee pickers are riding high.

Your points:

TEX - 9

Cruz, N - 4

Lee, C - 23
Price, D - 12

-----

Now departing from Pickville:
TB
Crawford, C
Longoria, E
Price, D
Shields, J

Full standings/holiday-shopping advice for John after the jump.

109 - John
94 - Aaron
92 - Joe and Tim
91.67 - Hilary, Keith, Ben II
90.67 - Jeremy
88 - Broomfield/Romine
87 - Maria I
86 - Tom, Dave, Warren
85 - Maria II
77.67 - Samantha II
76 - Lauren
74 - Angela
73 - Samantha I
71.67 - Jill Goofus
63.67 - Matt
61.67 - Jill Gallant
54.33 - Sarah II
52 - Ben I
27.34 - Sarah I

Price pickers got a last bump from their man, who pitched creditably but is now gone, and as the LCSes get rolling, it's the poolies with both their pitching picks left who have the most realistic shot at the money. But you never know...if Girardi brings Tex in to pitch Game 4 (which, given the other options, isn't the worst idea I've heard) and he throws a perfecto, I'm right back in this thing.

(I'm not. If you had me in the Crappiest Pick Slate side pool, you can go ahead and settle up.)

Remarks/edits, let me know. Feel free to discuss, predict, mourn, or stick voodoo pins in Burnett in the comments.

1 comment:

Jill S. said...

OK yeah... my picks suck. I REALLY did not think the Yankees had a sweep in them. Day-um.