Sunday, October 24, 2010

Final full standings pre-Classic

As we head into the World Series -- FYI, the Classic begins at 7:57 PM ET on Wednesday in San Francisco with Lee and Lincecum as your probables -- it's time to look at the BPP's full standings for the last time.

Going into the final fight:

John - 224
Joe - 190.33
Broomfield/Romine - 183.67
Aaron - 182.33
Maria II - 178
Tom - 174
Sam I - 173
Tim - 168
Angela - 159
Dave and Warren - 156
Lauren - 155
Ben II - 135.67
Maria I - 135
Jeremy - 134.67
Hilary and Keith - 129.67
Jill Love - 121
Ben I - 119.67
Jill Hate - 113.34
Sam II - 109.67
Matt - 96.67
Sarah II - 76
Sarah I - 39.34

There is one pooler in the current money who has no picks left, and I could leave Broomfield/Romine in the standings for a few days to see how it shakes out, but unless Tim Lincecum gets shot in the pitching arm, there isn't much point, so, to keep things simple, I'll work it like this. Everybody who no longer has picks is out. Everybody who still has a pick, no matter how long a shot, is still in. Just to try to keep things a bit more interesting (mostly by making jokes at my own expense some more).

Maria, Jill, and I have no realistic shot at catching the leaders, but as Jon Miller says, that's why you play the games.

Alas, we must now say goodbye to most of the pool, including our defending champ and one past champ as well. Broomfield/Romine, Maria II, Tom, Tim, Angela, Dave, Warren, Lauren, the Bens, Jeremy, Hilary, Keith, Jill Goofus, Sam II, Matt, and my own craptastic II slate: thank you so much for playing, and I hope we'll see you all in 2011. (And here during the Series for some commentary, if you'd like.)

Any points mistakes you find, please bring them to my attention, and again, I'm sorry it worked out this way...but some years, it's like that. (Some years, it's worse. See: any year the Cubs get bounced out of the NLDS in 3 games and take two thirds of the pool with them.)

1 comment:

Warren said...

Note from Warren, down in TN: Bowing out, gracefully. Thank you all, for a riveting few weeks. And thank you to Sarah, for making the post season interesting. Props to others whose baseball foresight exceeds my own. Good luck in the classic round–y’all had the prescience (and, occasionally, the luck) to see this while the rest of us didn’t. Will follow along as events unfold. Thanks again, everyone. Warren. Now, to the classic...