Wednesday, October 6, 2010

NYY 6, MIN 4

Not much to say about the last game, except that, while I personally benefited from that Teixeira HR, it seemed to suck all the oxygen out of the Minnesota crowd, which then seemed to suck all the life out of the hitters. Buck up, little campers: it's two runs.

Also, Golson totally caught that, not that it mattered, really.

Points!

NYY - 3

Cano, R - 1
Jeter, D - 1
Mauer, J - 1
Rodriguez, A - 1
Swisher, N - 1
Teixeira, M - 6

Liriano, F - 12.67
Sabathia, CC - 11

Standings after the jump, but if you're in a hurry: John's winning. For now.



54 - John
48.67 - Hilary, Keith, Ben Deux, Jeremy
48 - Tom, Maria II, Dave, Warren
46.67 - Matt
46 - Ang Ham
45 - Lauren
37 - Broomfield/Romine
36 - Tim
32 - Joe R
30.67 - Sam II
21 - Maria I, Aaron
18.67 - Jill Hate
16 - Ben Une
12.67 - Sarah Prime, Jill Love
9 - Sarah Squared
2 - Sam I

What does it all mean? Jokes about the Bunting household's Baseball Prognosticatron 4000 blowing a fuse aside: not much. At this point in 2009, the eventual winner was nowhere near the money, so don't get discouraged. You can't tell anything until pitching picks start getting eliminated.

Tomorrow's sked: TEX @ TB, 2:30 PM ("No Game" James); NYY @ MIN, 6 PM (Pettitte vs. Pavano's skeezy 'stache) (HATE THAT GUY); ATL @ SF, 9:30 PM (you know, for kids!). All times ET. Cincy/Philly off till Friday.

Corrections, frustrations, buyer's remorse: comment or email.

3 comments:

Couch Baron said...

So, nice pool, everyone! See you next year?

Angela said...

Hilary said, and I think she is correct, that I currently have more points than I have ever scored in an entire postseason pool.

Tom said...

Way to go Angela!

I was about to say that I believe that I earned about half as many points in one day as I earned last year before I was phased out. Nice day of baseball.