Sunday, October 10, 2010

SF 3, ATL 2; PHI 2, CIN 0

Not that many people picked Cincinnati, but man, what a bust for Votto pickers. Only Jim Thome and Jason Heyward have performed as poorly on the hitting side. And you'll never guess who picked all those dudes. ...Hey, I just work here. Heh.

Another series ends, Philadelphia proceeds to the NLCS, and the two Hamels pickers leap forward in the standings. To the points!

SF - 3

Posey, B - 2

-----

PHI - 11 (3 for the win, 6 for the series, 2 for the sweep)

Howard, R - 2
Ruiz, C - 3
Utley, C - 4

Hamels, C - 21 (9 each for innings and Ks plus 3 for the complete game)

And these picks have gone bye-bye:

CIN
Votto, J

The new and (for some) improved standings after the jump.



90 - Aaron
88 - Broomfield/Romine
86 - Dave and Warren
85 - Maria Dos
83 - Joe and Tom
79.67 - Hilary, Keith, and Ben Deux
78.67 - Jeremy
77 - John
76 - Lauren
74 - Angela
72 - Tim
65.67 - Sam II
64 - Sam
63.67 - Matt
62 - Maria I
59.67 - Jill of Hating
52.33 - Sarah II
52 - Ben Une
51.67 - Jill of Loving
27.34 - Sarah "The Square Root of Negative" I

Things calm down somewhat now, as two series have ended and the others will alternate days. Tomorrow's game doesn't have a ton of pool exposure, but San Francisco could move on to the LCS and rattle the standings a bit. 7:30 PM ET is first pitch.

Exultation, exasperation, errata: go forth and comment.

Edited early Monday AM to correct points and standings (some Oswalt points went astray...sorry, folks! This is why I welcome you to check my math). Should be in order now.

2 comments:

Universal Donor said...

I strongly disagree with these standings! I believe that I (in my Broomfield/Romine incarnation) am in 3rd place with 88 points. See my email sent under separate cover. I will be awake tomorrow sometime around 11am EST. we shall see who has made a mistake!

Sarah D Bunting said...

Objection sustained. Apparently you didn't get your Oswalt points. Error corrected.