Sunday, October 24, 2010

SF 3, PHI 2

I had to follow the game via refreshed Blackberry updates at a rock show. Just as the Nightmare River Band went into their last song, I hit refresh one last time and came upon "SF 3 PHI 2 FINAL." Make of that whatever poesy (or Posey) you will, as the Phillies exit the stage and take the bulk of the pool with them. Congrats to the Giants, but in here, it's a bit sad; my condolences to the Phillie pickers (which is basically everyone). It was a solid play, but it didn't work out.

Pool Silver Slugger for the NLCS is Jayson Werth, somewhat by default, and our Cy Young is The Freak, who managed to pick up some pointage last night in relief to edge out Oswalt. LVPs include Ibanez and Utley (the latter is apparently injured, but not admitting the extent). Howard was a popular punching bag on sports radio, but according to our metrics, he was not that unproductive, just struck out a lot. Which...Howard does that.

And the Memorial Shane Victorino Lost Opportunity Award is presented to...well, Shane Victorino is a tempting candidate, but I'm giving it to Cody Ross.

The points!

SF - 13

Howard, R - 3
Ibanez, R - 3
Uribe, J - 5
Utley, C - 2

Lincecum, T - 1.33
Oswalt, R - 11
-----

The departed, and quick standings, after the jump.



Leaving us:

PHI

Howard, R
Ibanez, R
Ruiz, C
Utley, C
Werth, J

Halladay, R
Hamels, C
Oswalt, R

-----

I misspoke: it's more like 90% of the picks got knocked out, by volume. The teams, the most popular pitching AND hitting picks...mayhem.

I'll put up a post shortly with the full standings, and an explanation of who's in and how I'll track things going forward. In the meantime, the short version:

John - 224
The Sheriff - 190.33
Broomfield/Romine - 183.67
Aaron - 182.33
[various former leaders, now defunct]
Samantha I - 173
Jill Still Alive - 121
Sarah I still has Matt Cain; recognize! - 39.34 (hee.)

Obviously this is past champ Broom/Rom's last taste of glory, as Aaron has picks left and they do not, but I'll get into all that in my next post.

No comments: