Tuesday, October 12, 2021

SF 1, LAD 0

Meeeemorieeees...of the very first BPP, when my Pujols pick carried me to victory. Alas, a soccer score like this one isn't going to move the ball much, so to speak, but we did see a little shuffling in the middle of the pack.

Bellinger 0
Betts 0
Seager 0
Smith 1
Turner J 1
Turner T 0

Belt 0
Bryant 1
Crawford 0
Duggar 0
Flores 0
Longoria 4
Posey 1
Yastrzemski 0

No change to the money:

Bingham 1: 26
Arbour 1, Bauer 1, Wonsetler 2: 24*
Richardson, Johnson 2: 22

And just off the pace,

Fell 1: 21
Cayenne 2, Yuhan 2: 19

Full standings and schedule after the jump!

A couple of us emerge from the basement thanks to solo picks going yard yesterday...and Brady's dream of no-hitting the pool dies thanks to Ginger Elf. (hee.) (Slates in italics are "zombies"; when they fall out of the money, you'll stop seeing them in updates.)

Shotwell 2, Winklepleck: 18
SDB 2: 15

Johnson 1, Shotwell 1, Bauer 2: 13
Yuhan 1, Crase, Quinn: 12
Grove: 11
Cayenne 1: 10

Cameron 2, Stempel: 9
Arbour 2, SDB 1: 8
Bingham 2, Wonsetler 1: 7
Tormey, Fell 2, Cameron 1: 6

Brady: 1
Dunn: well, these things happen

*******

All three games today/tonight could be deciders, starting with the delayed Game 3 for HOU/CWS, in which I expect the Astros hitters to jump all over Rodón early and send the team to the ALCS. I could be wrong; it's just a feeling I get. That game starts at 2 ET on FS1.

The NL games...no idea what's going to happen. MIL/ATL starts at 5 on TBS; neither team has announced a starter as of this writing, ergo I have no prediction...but MIL has looked a little flat to me. The 9 PM SF/LAD contest is DeSclafani vs. the great T. Beady; I think the Dodgers dig in and take this to a fifth game if the weather warms up at Chavez Ravine...but that's why they play the games, yeah?

I'm unable to update until dinnertime ET but I'll have my eye on things; as always, feel free to use the comments to vent, and good luck!

4 comments:

MichaelDunn said...

I'm so embarrassed.

Stempel said...

My picks are seriously not doing much better!

MichaelDunn said...

Jill, my team has put up a Blutarsky! Zero, point, Zero-zero.

Sarah D Bunting said...

There is an owner of another..."underperforming" slate, let's call him Juan Pointer. Juan was actually a little disappointed that Ginger Elf got on the board the other night, because he was hoping to make pool history as the first ever slate to get no-hit. Now Michael must put on a no-rally cap and soldier on alone. - Mrs. Pointer