Friday, October 8, 2021

HOU 9, CWS 4

 Am I reading this right -- the losing pitcher for Chicago is someone named Bummer? ("It's pronounced 'boo-may.'")

In retrospect, this was somewhat predictable given that Chicago had been backstroking since, like, Memorial Day. Still not great news for Chicago pickers, who will have to hope Sunday isn't the end of it for their picks. (And not the news from the game broadcast, either. Yiiiiiikes.)

Fair number of points to go around, though!

Anderson 3
Moncada 0
Robert 3

Altuve 1
Álvarez 1
Tucker 5

The money after our first game:

Yuhan 2 12
Bingham 1 9
Arbour 1, Bauer 1, Wonsetler 2, Richardson, Fell 1 8

Shotwell 2 just off the pace at 7, bunch of 4s and 3s in the middle of the pack, and a third of the slates waiting for the NL West battle royale so they can get on the board.

As I write this, ATL/MIL is still scorel-- psych, Tellez just jerked one for two runs, which literally only happened because nobody picked him. Let me know if you had him on your long list and I'll forward that muffin basket from HQ, hee.

2 comments:

cayenne said...

I considered him for about a hot nanosecond. I have a soft spot for Tellez and was bummed when Toronto traded him, but there really was no room for him in our lineup, so I'm glad to see him playing hero in Milwaukee.

Maria said...

What Cayenne said. He and Yellich were my Milwaukee candidates for the 5 minutes I had Milwaukee candidates.