Monday, October 18, 2021

ATL 5, LAD 4

...Groundhog Walkoff! Right down to my thinking, again, "Gotta reinstitute those walkoff points."

The points we did get didn't change things a ton, with Freeman and Los Turner (...I initially "mis"typed that as "Lost Turner") hanging some more zeroes...

Albies 1
Freeman 0
Riley 2
Swanson 1

Bellinger 0
Betts 1
Seager 4
Smith 1
J Turner 0
T Turner 0

...but Betts and Seager pickers inch closer to the action. Here's the money this morning:

44 Fell 2
39 Shotwell 1
36 Cayenne

Everyone else after the jump!

34 Crase
33 Bingham 1, Arbour
32 Yuhan 2, Shotwell 2
30 Stempel

28 Wonsetler
27 Cayenne 1, Tormey
25 Grove
24 Quinn

23 Cameron 2
22 SDB 2, Cameron 1, Yuhan 1
21 SDB 1

13 Bingham 2

3 Brady

In order to have a shot at some cash, I personally need Trea Turner to go on a murderous tear before the Dodgers lose in 7, BUT while the former could absolutely happen, I don't know about the latter -- even with Atlanta in front 2-0 after two consecutive soul-crushers. LA's pitching looks kinda fried to me, I suspect the team is a little flat emotionally after the LDS, and I think the lineup is missing Muncy more than they thought. Atlanta is better than its season numbers, and letting them remember that and get momentum in the series is not what you want to do, but I'm not convinced this is all that commanding a lead for the Choppers. First few innings at Chavez Ravine tomorrow should tell us more. 

Meanwhile, AL action moves to Fenway with an 8 PM ET start on FS1. Should be a fairly pointish outing for both teams' pickers based on the listed starters, but we'll find out. Good luck, all!


1 comment:

Paul Bauer said...

I for one, am rooting for the Bravos (and not just as the lesser of four evils), but man, do I wish they would ban the chop in stadium. Woof.