Saturday, October 23, 2021

HOU 5, BOS 0; Houston advances

What a frustrating Boston loss to watch unfold. Predictable, probably, and I know the narrative is now Dusty Gets A Ring Maybe And Isn't That Great; I'm still not psyched about the Astros' success. That said, it's better for the pool! Not the one of my slates it killed, but we'll get to it.

Last night's points:

Bogaerts 0
Devers 0

Altuve 0
Álvarez 8
Tucker 4

Devers, the top point-earner to date, wasn't quite as valuable as Álvarez in this series...and only had one picker, yours truly. No real LVP here, but the Victorino without question is Kiké. Forty-one total bases, not one of them claimed by a BPP entrant.

And speaking of BPP entrants, only Shotwell and I lose picks, and only my No. 2 slate is out...and our lone Álvarez guy opens a booming lead:

73 Yuhan 2
61 Fell 2
53 Cayenne 2

Everyone else after the jump!

49 Shotwell 1
46 Arbour
44 Shotwell 2

43 Bingham 1
42 Stempel
41 Crase

38 Wonsetler
37 Grove
36 Tormey and Cayenne 1

32 SDB 1 and SDB 2
31 Cameron 1

28 Cameron 2
27 Yuhan 1
26 Quinn

17 Bingham 2

The NL action moves to Atlanta for yet another elimination game for the Dodgers; as of this writing, no starter is listed for L.A., but I can't imagine it's not ol' Husky-Eye. Atlanta's sending Robinson. I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen; I wish us all luck!

No comments: