Friday, October 16, 2015

NYM 3, LAD 2 (LAD, Sarah's stomach lining both eliminated)

Dang. That is some professional battling right there. deGrom = deBest. I didn't know what would happen, but I didn't really think "the Mets winning" was among the possible outcomes. Or that Durph would get to be a hero.

(Classic Met-fan moment: I had just lifted my head from my victory faceplant on the bar at Korzo when Brady and I got a HEY YOUR SMOKE ALARM'S DOING THAT LOW-BATTERY THING AND MAKING ME WANT TO CLAW MY SCALP OFF AND ALSO THE CAT TURNED YOUR T.V. VOLUME UP TO OLD-AGE-HOME WHEN ARE YOU GUYS COMING BACK text from my brother back at the ranch. Couldn't let me have five minutes, universe? Jesus.)

While this is marginally preferable for the pool, I guess, 1) a LOT of people had the Kershaw/Greinke 1-2, and 2) a LOT of people are getting left on base by the Met "offense." Like, everyone posted negative numbers except Grando Calrissian, who zeroed out, and Durph, who dunked on the line with an 11 because what choice did he have.

Pointage:

Gonzo 0
Seager -1

Greinke 14.67

Cespedes -2
Comfy -1
Duda -1
Grando 0
Durph 11
Wright -1

deGrom 10
Syndergaard 2

Headed to the golf course:
Gonzo
Greinke
Kershaw
Seager
Puig

Standings/LCSes after the jump!


Yuhan 1 94.34
Shee/Bell 93.67
Bunting 1 93.33

Currie 90.33

[NB: Shee/Bell has no picks left. Bunting and Currie only have two. So don't have too long a sad about these standings yet, especially since hitter picks have a way of dragging people back to the pack, LUCAS.]

MacEachern 85.01
Cameron 2 84.34
Brady 83.67
Bingham 1 82

Cameron 1 78.67
Yuhan 2 78
Elodie 75.34
Simone 75.33 (aw)

Green 74.67
Drake 74.34
Reid 2 74
Bunting 2 73
Williams 71.34

Reid 1 67.34
Powell 66.33
Tormey 2 65.67

Stempel 63.67
Winklepleck 63.33

Tormey 1 54

Rogers 40.33

Bingham 2 38.34

For now? Leaving everybody on the board. Yeah, a couple of you have no realistic shot, but a couple of you also just shed picks that were actively harming you, COREY, so let's see how it shakes out over the weekend; I may thin the board a bit next week.

Back to writing "I will not let Joe troll me on Twitter" on my little office chalkboard; any math biffs, email me (I may not get around to another update 'til dinnertime ET). No rest for the pick-ed, though: Jays at Royals starts at 7:30 ET on FS1. Good luck, everyone!



1 comment:

LeighBee said...

The moment when you wish you'd just chosen that one pitcher to be on the OTHER slate.