Saturday, October 17, 2015

KC 5, TOR 0

A decisive victory in the opener for KC; the Bluebirds threatened once or twice, but seemed unfocused and still with their heads in the DS -- and had a correspondingly fugly night in the points department, capped by Edwin Encarnacion spraining his finger on a swing or something? I don't know about the rest of y'all EE pickers but I'm feeling like he's prolly going to do me more good in the trainer's room than he is at the dish.

Nice little night for (most) KC pickers, though, and the few, the proud, the Warren pick up 7 behind Volquez.

Cain -1
Gordon 3
Hosmer 1
Morales 2
Moustakas thinking he's a Blue Jay -3

Bats 0
Donaldson 0
Encarnacion -3
Tulo -3

Volquez 7

Standings and encouragement after the jump.




Money's about the same, though I'm joined in 3rd:

96.34 Yuhan 1
93.67 Shee/Bell
90.33 Bunting 1, Currie

80s: Cameron 2, Brady, MacEachern, Bingham 1

mid-70s: Simone, Cameron 1, Elodie, Drake, Yuhan 2, Green, Williams

low 70s: the 2s Bunting, Reid, and Tormey

60s: Powell, Reid 1, Stempel, Winklepleck

50s: Tormey 1

[resentment emoji]: Rogers, Bingham 2

Buck up, low-totals campers: lots of starter picks going to the hill today. Jays (I just typed "Joys"; heh) at Royals starts at 3:30 ET on FS1, Price v. Ventura; the marquee matchup is Arrieta v. Harvey when the Cubs try to continue their mudhole-stomping of my Trops at 8 ET. Obviously I'm not great with predictions, but the one I'm about to make in which Reid creates a diversion in a Manhattan apartment later today while Brady and I sneak off to check the score? Rock-solid.

Good luck, everyone!





2 comments:

Stacey said...

Isn't Lester starting today? (Dude, I need the points)

Sarah D Bunting said...

You are correct. It is Lester. I looked that up to confirm and then still typed "Arrieta," even though I also need the Lester points. Sorry! #caffeine