Saturday, October 10, 2015

NYM 3, LAD 1

"We have to do this HOW many more times?" - me and two different Dans in the wee hours of the morning.

I love watching Kershaw. I love listening to Vin Scully talk about Kershaw. I love that he wears the double deuce. It's crap that he has a bad postseason rap, and I hope last night doesn't add to that "narrative," because it's not a thing.

But I can't lie and say I wasn't more afraid of the Greinke start, and as Bread noted, we had to get this one...and we did.

Your points:

Gonzo 0
Seager 0

Kershaw 9.67 (I know, but he walked 4 and left as many on base at the plate)

Cespedes -4
Doodles 2
Grando 2
Durph 5
Wright 1

Captain Conditioner 19

As the kids say, boom. And speaking of kids, a child shall lead us in the full standings after the jump.


Everybody's now on the board, for what that's worth.

Simone: 39.33
Currie: 38
Winklepleck: 36.33

Brady: 33
Yuhan 2: 31.33

Cameron 1: 27.67
Bunting 1: 27.33
Stempel: 26
Bingham 1: 21.33
Shee/Bell: 21

Powell: 19
Rogers: 17.33
Reid 1, Bingham 2: 14.67
Yuhan 1: 14
Tormey 2: 13.67
Elodie: 12.67
Cameron 2, Reid 2: 11
Green, Bunting 2: 10

Tormey 1: 9
MacEachern: 5.67
Drake: 3

Williams: present

-----

So...yeah. I don't pay a ton of attention to the pool standings at this point, and that's partly because I haven't had a legit shot at the money since The Joba Rules were a going concern, but also because until everyone's pitchers have had a go-round, you can't really tell anything. (Well, Rogers probably can; he looked like a stealth genius picking Cecil, and then...DL.)

It's a day of rest for the AL, and none of our picks is taking the mound in the CHC/STL matchup at 5:30 -- but Greinke is a very popular pick, and he's facing Thunderpants Honorguard Googolsnacks Thor in the night game. I do not love the offense's chances for either side.

Stay tuned for a post with the full slate of picks, as requested by Ms. Stempel for the purposes of pointing and laughing at me. Spoiler: I refer to my second slate as the St. Jude, and it contains a certain spherical hurler. ...I know, but when he doubles, I'll be the one laughing. ...Wait, you'll all be laughing too, that guy "legging out" an XBH is classic.

(Spotted a math error? I'm not surprised. Email bunting at tomatonation dot com, it's faster.)

3 comments:

Baby Simone said...

Dear grown-up baseball fan people...I have been alive for 5 weeks and am schooling all y'all. Thank you captain conditioner Mr. mullet man. Gurgle.

Sarah D Bunting said...

Tell your dad that's not a mullet, Low Pockets.

(hee)

Nancy Williams said...

"Present". IN YOUR FACES EVERYONE