Thursday, October 15, 2015

KC 7, HOU 2 (HOU eliminated)

I didn't know what to want out of last night's Game 5. I love the Astros' story this year, but the only major-leaguer* out of my little hometown became a Royal, so I always have a soft spot for them (though I think the 2015 squad has some issues). I definitely felt bad for Keuchel last night, but...that's baseball, as they sometimes say.

The 'Stros didn't help their pickers much on the way out; goose eggs all around, even for Keuchel, who posted an inning point but gave it back with a BB.

Altuve, Castro, Springer 0

Keuchel 0

Cain 2
Gordon 2
Hosmer 0
Morales 7
Moustakas -1

Cueto 16

Leaving us:

Altuve
Castro
Keuchel
Springer

Leading us: after the jump.

Still very close at the top; the five leaders all hanging in within two points. As of this morning,

79.67 Yuhan 1
79.33 Currie
79 Shee/Bell

78.66 Bunting 1
78 Yuhan 2

rest of the 70s Elodie, Brady, MacEachern, Cameron 2

mid-high 60s Cameron 1, Reid 1, Bingham 1, Tormey 2, Simone

low 60s Green, Bunting 2

high 50s Drake, Reid 2, Williams, Powell

low-mid 50s Stempel, Tormey 1, Winklepleck

around 40 Rogers, Bingham 2

-----

It gets extremely real tonight at 8 ET: Game 5, two starters going, and a significant gutting of the pool if the Mets don't move forward. It is Met-fan tradition to offer up a "well, we're toast" at this juncture, mostly sincerely, but I don't really know what to expect. I fear the offense is out of gear and won't make it work against Greinke. Either way I think we'll know after two innings what's going down. 

* not the 'only' one, but the only thing Lester "Lep" Long had going for him was the mellifluous name

1 comment:

Jeff said...

This post-season is super bananas. I'm sure the Mets-Dodgers finale will live up to it.