Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Shake it off, shake it off

We're back tomorrow night with the start of the NLCS -- Colorado v. Arizona in the desert, Francis and Webb the starters. I don't have a dog in that hunt anymore, but anyone else not wanting the pool to devolve into an undignified scrap for the second-place money is advised to root for the Mile-High Club.

The good news, pool-wise, is that well over half of the pitching picks are still in play.

I have had zero time to read up on the series, so I don't know what the prevailing wisdom is on who's going to win, but my completely ignorant take is that the days off may finally have sapped Colorado's mo. Feel free to correct me in the comments.

Game time is 8:37 ET.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally think AZ is a joke. I mean, they allowed more runs than they scored and their offensive "stars" are Eric Byrnes and Orlando Hudson!

But I also don't like the Rockies - those hitters are definitely not as good as their raw statistics suggest. Check out their home-road splits - on the road, Holliday hits 75 points lower and slugs 230 points lower than he does at home! So much for that humidor.

Still, I think the Rockies are the better team, so I guess I'm rooting for them.

Go Indians!

-Tim

Sarah D. Bunting said...

Has anyone else read the SI love letter to the Rockies? Bit much, in my opinion.