Saturday, October 6, 2007

Pool Standings October 6, AM

Not a ton of movement since last we spoke of this. Broomfield/Romine still leading/cheatine, followed by Matt and Tom and the Gang Of Four at 15; Andrew and I moved up; Angela on the board; my pops draggin' ass.

21: Broomfield/Romine
17: Matt
16: Tom
15: Aarons C. and M., Lauren, and Jill
13: Maria Trips
12: Broomfield
11: Andrew
9: Bunting fille, Tim, John, Joe, and Famous Original Maria
8: Ben
7: Zach and Maria Deuce
3: Angela
2: Bunting pere

Interestingly, although kind of suckily from a pool perspective, all four serieses stand at 2-0 -- and only one of the teams who's ahead is a majority pick. It could get ugly (by which I mean "irrelevant") quickly for folks who didn't spread their picks around...or who went with sentiment over sabermetrics with their NL picks. Folks like me who thought Jamie Moyer had died of old age, and are not very excited to see that he's the Phils' starter this evening.

AL (and therefore Aaron C.) gets the night off; NL Fight For Your Life Fest '07 starts at 6:07 ET at historic Wrigley Field.

My prediction: Arizona's road record is meh enough that the Cubs have a shot at holding the line. If they don't get psyched out and someone tells Soriano that Jill digs the long ball, it's Chicago's night. Philadelphia lost two at home and has to adjust to the altitude. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Colorado locks up a championship slot.

No comments: