Thursday, October 18, 2007

BOS 7, CLE 1; Standings, October 18, PM

Boston stays alive, and Boston pickers stay alive with a vengeance: 2 points for the win, plus 1 for the blowout; 11 points for Beckett. Sabathia pickers have to make do with 6.

74: Tom
68: Broomfield/Romine
53: Aaron C.
51: Matt, Aaron M., Lauren
49: Jill
44: John
35: Andrew
33: Maria Trips

29: Sarah
16: Zach
13: Angela


I didn't bother bolding the movers; the short version is that John, Andrew, and I got dropped by the Beckett faction big-time. Sabathia's had an interesting postseason -- I almost picked him (and should have, since I could only have won the pool if he'd gotten eaten by a bear prior to tonight's start), but I'd expected him to rack up more strikeouts than he has.

Back to Fenway for Game 6, Cleveland still leading the series 3-2. I feel like Cleveland may have missed their chance to nail the coffin shut, but Carmona's no joke. See you Saturday.

No comments: