Sunday, October 25, 2020

TB 8, LAD 7

Look, I'm not blaming Charley Steiner for the denouement last night; I am pointing out that maybe wool-gathering smugly about how the Dodgers could clinch on Sunday is almost guaranteed to create this sort of outcome. ...But I kid Steiner and Rick Monday, whose broadcasts I love, and besides, it's Mets fans who have to account for this kind of malocch'. 

Plus it was a really fun game, with points galore for everyone! Well, if your last name didn't start with a B, anyway:

Bellinger 0
Betts 0
Muncy 1
Pollock 2
Seager 7
Turner 8

Lowe 4


Our #1 slate has a commanding lead, but this isn't over by any means with at least two games left to play.

108 MArbour
97 Tormey
87 Cameron and Shotwell 1*

...and look who's in the conversation thanks to A Met Who Got Away!

85 Winklepleck and Barboot
84 SDB

79 JArbour 1 and Cayenne 1

61 Stempelson
60 Lund

59 Shotwell 2 and Bauer
55 Cayenne 2
52 Bingham and DGB

33 JArbour 2
32 Dunn

This correspondent is now functionally out of it unless, like, Dansby Swanson shows up on the Rays bench in a pair of Groucho glasses -- but I'm very interested to see how it plays out ahead of me...and behind me. We've got a lone Muncy picker who could create problems here, not to mention Lowe maybe getting hot at last...anything could happen!

Well, not that Swanson thing, but I had a good run, it's fine.

Tonight's match-up is Kershaw v. Glasnow at 8:08 PM ET. I don't have the faintest idea what happens; I do know I wish you all luck!


2 comments:

Arbour said...

I can't believe I fell asleep right before the bottom of the 9th! What a crazy finish. Oh baseball, you're the best LOL.

Paul Bauer said...

Above all else, I’m most excited that we’re getting at least two more games! #GoRays