Saturday, October 10, 2020

TB 2, NYY 1; Tampa Bay moves on

Uhhhhhhhhhh yeah so but this is not great? Especially since nobody eligible for points last night got any. I apologize for jinxing this in the wrong direction, sincerely.

Leaving us:

LeMahieu
Voit

And the following slates have gone zombie...

Yuhan 2
Bingham 2
SDB 1

...with another 8-10 functionally dead thanks to lone and/or duplicate picks. 

That said, a lopsided Dodgers win in the LCS could make things pretty interesting for poolies currently languishing in the teens and twenties, and if Freeman doesn't figure his shit out at the plate, that may be what we're looking at. My prediction for that one is Los Angeles in 6.

In the ALCS, I would like Houston to lose but I think that one's over in 5, and we get a 'Stros/Dodgers World Series. These prognostications all but guarantee that the opposite will occur, so go forth to Draft Kings with my blessing, hee. 

No games today; the AL gets underway at 7:37 (uch, these goofy start times) PM ET Sunday on TBS, no starters listed as of this writing. Best of luck to those still in play, condolences to everyone else (except myself; the death of that slate was a mercy, really), and I'll see you in a couple days.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Well, farts. Here's hoping for a big LCS from Freddie Freeman!