Thursday, October 8, 2020

HOU 11, OAK 6; Houston moves on

...ugh, and I'm not just saying that because I'm the only one losing a pick behind these results; that's on me. Anyone else listening to that Ben Reiter podcast on the Astros cheating contretemps, the one from the Slow Burn team? I reviewed it here; would love to hear your thoughts if you made time for it. 

In defiance of my last update, which I wrote before looking at the box score here, Springer did NOT do that much damage today, though he's leading the picks in points as of this writing. And my boy Grossie hit me with three points on the way out the door, not that it'll do much good.

...Sorry, got distracted by the faint roar of the Voit pickers as a flat-on-one-side ball departed Petco en route to [EY voice] Souveniiiir CITY. Anyway. Points.

Springer 1
Grossman 3

And Grossman's out, which affects me only.

Money's the same; fingers crossed we don't get shelled by two more eliminations tonight. Good luck, all!

2 comments:

cayenne said...

This means we have to listen to Carlos "Suck it, haters" Correa flap his yap for at least another week, doesn't it...

Sarah D Bunting said...

ugh, true.