Saturday, October 4, 2008

TB 6, CHW 2; BOS 7, LAA 5

Of all goddamned people...J.D. Drew. Whom nobody picked, because he had to have like seven epidurals to play last night. Beckett, ditto, will no doubt rack up 39 strikeouts tomorrow night just to punish us.

Every series now stands 2-0, a state of affairs we expected in some cases (PHI/MIL, TB/CHW), should have expected in others (LAA), and blithely ignored the potential for with the Cubs. My emotions are mixed: on the one hand, the LDSes are a time-suck for your poolmistress, but on the other hand...all sweeps? Of majority picks? Enemy of fun.

Come on, Cubs. At least get the poolies some RBI points on your way out, good grief.

Your Friday-night pointage:

TB 6, CHW 2
TB: 3
TB Kazmir: 4

BOS 7, LAA 5
BOS: 3
LAA Teixeira, M.: 1
LAA Santana, E.: 3
BOS: Matsusaka, D.: 5

A. Cams back on top in the adjusted standings:

28: Aaron
25: Lauren
22: Jills East and West; Zach; Maria
19: Tommy C.
17: Sadie B.
16: Joe
14: Tim
13: Broomfield/Romine
12: Brian; Warren
11: Tommy R.
10: Angela
8: John
7: Matt
6: Billy T.
5: Ben

Philly fixes to drop the hammer at 6:30 PM, L.A. at 10.

Get those ballots ready, my friends; in lieu of MVP awards, the Bunting's Baseball Pool Association Of Petty Grumblers will be voting on the recipient of the Thanks For Nothing, Unclutchwad Memorial Golden Fan Trophy at the conclusion of each series. Your nominations may go in the comments. I hereby bet myself a dollar that I can guess Joe's selection.

4 comments:

Joe Reid said...

Ryan Howard's ONE WHOLE RBI today nudges him off the shit list for now, so I guess I'll turn my rage face towards mothereffing K-Rod.

Aaron C. said...

Meanwhile, the home plate umpire in yesterday's PHI-MIL tilt gets the gas face from me for squeezing Jaime Moyer's strike zone into a thumbtack, while forcing him to pitch right into the Brewers collective wheelhouses for the first few innings.

The points I should've received for a Phillies sweep would've looked nice atop the pile I've accrued already.

I'd say more, but I've gotta see how the Cubs did last night.

Sarah D. Bunting said...

Joe: I win a dollar.

Aaron: Seconded. Give Grandpa Moyers a break.

Anonymous said...

JD? The former St Paul Saint? Minor league so low there's a pig bringing out the new balls? God help us all.

Matt
St Paul