Sunday, October 5, 2008

LAD 3, CHC 1

Wow. WOW. Brrrrrrr-UTAL.

My nomination for the Thanks For Nothing Award: the entire Cubs offense, with the exception of D. Lee. Guess who picked D. Lee? That's right: nobody.

The two, the proud, the LAD pickers snag 11 points behind the win (3), the DS win (6), and the DS sweep (2). The many, the disgusted, the Cubs pickers get nada. Fukudome benched; nothing out of Soto, Theriot, or A. Ramirez; I actually was kind of jealous of that Lilly pick until now.

And then there's Tommy C., whose entire slate is Cubs picks...except for LAD, so he's still right in it.

Updated standings, if you can see through your tears of rage:

33: Jill Tupac
30: Tommy C.
28: Aaron
26: L. Shots
23: Maria
22: Jill Diddy and Zach
17: me and Joe Reid, together again
15: Tim
14: Angela
13: Broomfield/Romine
12: the formidable folk quartet of Brian, John, Tom, and Warren
7: Matt
6: Billy T.
5: Ben

Dear Angels: PULL IT TOGETHER LIKE NOW.

Phillies look to slam the door at 1:07 PM, Tampa ditto at 4:07, and the pool fights for a large chunk of its life with the Saunders/Beckett match-up at 7:17.

3 comments:

Joe Reid said...

Wow, it took me WAY too long to get that Jill Diddy/Jill Tupac thing. I am a bad child of the '90s.

Sarah D. Bunting said...

I toyed with listing her as "Jill Biggie" but I had a feeling that wouldn't so much be appreciated. Heh.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - love it! On behalf of my beloved husband Ben my nom for non-clutch lame player of the Cubs/Dodgers series goes to ... (drum roll) A. Soriano!!! That jerkwad screwed me over in the pool last year (along with the Cubs) and Ben did not listen to my pleas to not fall down that rabbithole again. UGH UGH UGH...