Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Going both ways

I could make a David Wright joke here, but I won't**. Instead, I'll address the question of whether pitchers are eligible for slugger points, and the answer is: yes. If your pitcher helps himself out with a RBI or two, those points will count toward your total.

And if Youkilis somehow winds up taking the mound during an 18-inning all-nighter, you'd better believe I'm racking up any Ks he gets.

I suspect that Aaron will find a way to be the only pool-izen who benefits from this, but there it is.

**I don't think, or care if, D. Wright is actually gay. Will that stop Jill from leaving an enraged comment? Let's find out!

5 comments:

Aaron C. said...

I thought Joe already covered the whole "David Wright: Half-Amphibian Face?" question on Low Res.

Meanwhile, I'd like to suggest we add the category "number of times announcers mention Jon Lester beat cancer" for next year's pool.

Universal Donor said...

Wait, no, this is retarded. Cute, but retarded. The rules which guided everyone's picks clearly stated that pitchers only got points for pitching. As unlikely it is that a pitcher might get slugger points, it is still a rule change that could change the outcome. I say: no.

HOWEVER! If you insist on spitting on Game Theory in general by changing this rule, then you should agree to this: this new rule should only apply during the World Series -- not the CS -- because in the ALCS there will be no opportunity for any AL pitcher picks to score these new magical hypothetical points; it could only help the poolers who have Hamels (3 RBI this season), or Lowe (5 RBI this season). So yes: Aaron, Jill West, Maria, and Lauren. You, Sars, will not benefit because your closer will prolly not bat at all.

Unfair!

To recap:
1. Retarded change, don't do it.
2. Or only do it during WS.
3. But don't.

Smooches,
Jeremy

Sarah D. Bunting said...

Jill, your sideburns are so much longer!

I doubt it's going to be relevant, so I will reserve a decision until that time, but: good points.

Joe Reid said...

I still maintain that if Manny wins the World Series for the Dodgers singlehandedly, I should get the game points. I'll be filing my protest in writing to the league office.

Joe Reid said...

BTdubs, I can't recommend That Bootleg Guy's LCS previews enough. I plan to enjoy him while I can, considering after he runs away with this year's pool he's so not getting invited back.