Thursday, October 10, 2024

NYY 3, KC 1; Yankees move on

This isn't a shocking outcome, I guess; Kansas City had been scuffling, I think, down the stretch, and were considered "ahead of schedule" as far as the team developing into a contender, but the Yankees looked flat enough the first couple games that I didn't love their chances.

Not sure I love their chances against whomever they end up in the ALCS with, either, but that's a debate for another day. Today's debate is lost picks, but let's start with points, and heyyyyy, Judge has some!

Witt Jr. 1

Judge 2
Soto 1
Stanton 3


Witt The Younger is the only pick who's out; only two slates lost him; only one slate goes dark. He's not the LVP here -- that's Judge -- but honestly nobody did great except Giancarlo Stanton. We don't even have an obvious Victorino candidate, IMO...Torres? Massey?

Y'all can argue about it in the comments if you like; I've already been working on this update for 40 minutes because I keep having to stop to pry a zooming kitten out of the bookshelf, off my ankle, out of the printer tray, etc. etc. so let's get to the standings while she's "only" somersaulting around chasing her tail. 

47 Bauer OMG
45 Cameron Deux
31 Bauer Snooze

Everyone else after the jump!

30 MArbour 2
29 SDB Sorry
28 JArbour, Winklepleck, Shotwell 1, Reid 2, and Stempel

24 SDB Safe, Cameron Un, and Drake
23 Quinn
22 Dunn and Fell 1
21 Bingham 1
20 Tormey, Brady, and Fell 2

19 Reid 1 and Wonsetler 2
18 Wonsetler 1 and Johnson
17 Shotwell 2
16 Bingham 2 and MArbour 1

I think I got everyone this time -- but if your slate's in italics, it will not appear in future updates, I'm sorry to say.

LCS matchups are only halfway set; we'll know more starting tomorrow at 8 PM ET on FOX, SD at LAD. The ALCS is decided in a 4:40 PM game on Sunday, DET at CLE. 

Errors/omissions/rending of garments? See you in the comments. 




No comments: