Wednesday, October 9, 2024

NYM 4, PHI 1; Mets move on

...what? 

Look, I love the Mets and I'm thrilled; I think something, or some things, happened around Memorial Day that started to shift the story; it was a hell of a lot more fun than the season I thought we had in store as of May 22nd, god knows. But against this Phillies lineup? And those Phillies pitchers?

That said, having faced them in the last week of the season, we could see they were mortal; I'm not sure the Mets could have bested them best-of-7, but...here we all are. As it often goes, fantastic result for one team's fans that is also brutal for the pool, sooooo here we go.

Iglesias 0
Lindor 6
Nimmo 0
Vientos 3

Bohm 0
Castellanos 3
Harper 2
Schwarber 0
Turner 0

Yeahhhh that's a lot of italics. Pool LVP for this series is Bohm, although if he'd gotten to play another couple games, it seemed like he was about to turn it around. MVP is Vientos, and it's not close. It seems weird to give the Shane Victorino Flyin' Hawaiian Award to a home-run-derby winner, but I think it's Alonso! Nobody picked him, best unpicked OPS in the series.

This outcome only knocked out one slate, which will also appear in italics until it falls out of the money...and we still have two games to finish tonight SO FOR NOW:

43 Bauer OMG
37 Cameron 2
28 SDB Sorry and Crase

26 Reid 2
24 Bauer Snooze
21 MArbour 2 and Cameron 1

Report any errors via the usual methods (now if you like, but you may want to wait until tomorrow morning when the dust has settled); see you shortly!




5 comments:

Michael Arbour said...

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO METTTTTTTTSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Bauer said...

I hope I don’t end up regretting putting JRam on my roster instead of going with a full slate of Mets (i.e. Alonso), but so long as they keep winning, I don’t really care.
OMG LFGM

Sarah D Bunting said...

Hope last night was magical at Citi!

Paul Bauer said...

Not to be dramatic…but one of the best nights of my life!

Sarah D Bunting said...

💜