Sunday, October 9, 2022

SEA 10, TOR 9; Mariners move on

We stepped away from coverage for like 10 minutes yesterday evening to do other things; the next time we saw a TV, it looked like George Springer was...dying. Then we saw the replay 19,293 times. Truly scary -- and a little hard for me to feel good for the Mariners under the circs, but they did what had to be done, and the Jay bullpen did not. 

The loss knocked out three picks, and started to expose the limitations of picking pre-wild card round, a process a certain Easter-Island-headed gent continued in the night game, so I'll have to marinate on that over the winter. For now, let's pick up all the points that got Oprahed around in this game...

Crawford 2
France 1
Haniger 1
Raleigh 3
Rodriguez 0
Santana 6
Suarez 3

Leaving us, and therefore italicized:

Bichette 2
Guerrero 1
Springer 0

And for the brief time before the next update, here's the money:

16 Crase 1
10 Winklepleck 1
8 Bauer Heart and O'Reilly

And Crase 2 just off the pace, but Mets pickers would like a word in our next update, so stand by.


3 comments:

Ellen said...

First time in the pool… thanks for having me (and congrats in advance to whoever gets my $10, I barely know what’s going on)

To that end… how can slates exit the pool already? Would it be if their players were all on eliminated teams from the wild card round?

Also: I live in Seattle. I did not pick Seattle. I am sad.

Ellen said...

Oh. I figured it out. Players have left us, not slates. 😬

Sarah D Bunting said...

A couple of slates have no players still active, though, so those slates have "left," technically -- but because they still have the most points for right now, they're "zombies" and they'll keep shuffling around in the standings until they're eliminated mathematically.