Friday, October 7, 2022

SD 7, NYM 1

Not a promising Day 1 for BPP, net -- and definitely not a promising day for the Mets. We can get into it in the comments if you need the therapy, but the shelling of Maxie was not a surprise. I hope my prediction that, if they lose this game, they're done is wrong, but...

That said, some pickers did well from the nightcap:

Alonso 1
Escobar 6
McNeil 1

Machado 4

At the end of the first day of play, here's how it looks at the top:

8 Bauer Shock
7 O'Reilly and Crase 2
6 Winklepleck 1

5 Drake and Crase 1
4 Reid 2

3 Fell 1 and Bingham 2
2 Cayenne 2, SDB 1, and Yuhan 2

1 Los Cameron, Bauer Shock, JArbour, SDB 2, Brady, DGB, Dunn, Fell 2, Quinn, Reid 1, Rogge, Shotwell 2, and Stempel

All other slates are all-bye picks and won't be heard from 'til next week.

Tomorrow, it's already all elimination games starting at noon with Rays/Guardians (not that the ESPN intern got the memo about the name change...sigh). Then it's Mariners/Jays at 4, SD/Metsies at 7:30, and Phils/Cards at 8:30.

Good luck, everyone -- and don't forget to check my math!

6 comments:

MichaelDunn said...

I will not be "Dunn'd" this year!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Escobar was the pick…. Well hopefully DeGrom gives us something tonight!!!

PaulBauer said...

My one day at the top is not worth the pain and suffering I endured at Citi Field last night 😢 Praying my skate is the first to be zombie-fied

Paul Bauer said...

Clearly still in pain from last…praying my SLATE ISN’T the first to be zombie-fied.

MichaelDunn said...

As a temporary Mets fan (I'm a Red Sox fan), we are all Nathan Fielder today.

Paul Bauer said...

The people sitting behind me didn’t know he was doing a bit, and complained that he should’ve smiled since they were promoting his “TV show or movie or whatever” 🤦🏻‍♂️