Sunday, October 23, 2022

PHI 4, SD 3; Phillies move on

It was pointed out to me by Rogge, although he nicely did not put it this way, that I brought the malocch' of this Philadelphia narrative by noting right up top that we had no Phillie picks. I apologize, and salute the picks we lost, whose points this afternoon were as follows:

Cronenworth 1
Machado 0

And you know why these names appear in italics.

I have the TV on in my office and Harper has just won the series MVP, which: yeah. BPP LCS MVP here though, obviously, is Machado, who as noted earlier has twice as many TB for the postseason as the two second-place dudes combined.

The LVP is...me, for not picking Schwarber like I thought about doing? All of us, for not picking any Phillies? The Met and Barve offenses for putting us all in this pickle? ...You know what, fuggit, let's hang it on Musgrove.

After all that, we've only lost one slate, O'Reilly, who is now in a three-way tie for third with Rogge and another zombie. And strictly speaking it's only about a half hour before ALCS Game 4 (...? It's raining in the city, let's see how they screw this pooch in a slicker tonight), and I have a wellness check to do on Reid before the game so here's your leaderboard for now:

52 Reid 2
40 Yuhan 1
37 Rogge, Crase, and O'Reilly

36 Brady
33 Drake
32 Sung

Thoughts and prayers to all the Judge-pickers; I hope the Bombers can stick in at least another night and drive up everyone's totals; good luck!

No comments: