Thursday, October 24, 2019

WSH 12, HOU 3

Brady, in the first inning: "This is gonna be a good series." SDB, in the seventh: "Yeah, for you."

I don't really have any commentary past that. MLB Twitter was full of doomy pronouncements about the Astros giving up, but I didn't really see that. I saw some questionable pitching-management decisions from Hinchie that didn't work out, and I saw Asdrubal Cabrera being a hero, which I like to see because I've always liked that guy. And maybe I also saw an organization that's showing every sign of not thinking either women or the truth count getting a karma slap.

This is far from a done deal, but we won't really know anything until tomorrow. In the meantime, there were still points to be had even if you didn't pick Adam Eaton:

Altuve 4

Alvarez 1
Bregman 4
Gurriel 2

Gurriel pickers makin' their moves, and the money changes hands again.

76 Fell
75 Brady
70 Yuhan

56 Cameron
51 Arbour

50 Crase and Reid 1
49 Shotwell and Winkepleck
47 Reid 2
46 Dunn

42 Tormey
40 Cayenne

Bauer Bunting Lund LLC also present.

Greinke/Sanchez is the stated matchup when we resume Friday, although that's another questionable pitching-related decision I might give some time on the plane ride to revising, if I were the manager. But I ain't. (BUT I MIGHT BE THE MANAGER OF THE METS?!?!?!) (I'm not.) We'll see if they go to a bullpenning strategy instead to stave off a sweep, and I'll see you back here afterwards either way!

No comments: