Friday, October 11, 2019

HOU 6, TB 1; 'Stros advance

...and keep the pool from sliding entirely into irrelevance, heh. I missed most of the game thanks to wine club but got back in time to see Altuve pickers get another four thanks to the pocket rocket. 

I had a line here about "no rest for the weary" with the NLCS starting tonight, but nobody cares about that except me -- and maybe Stempel and Bauer, at least one of whom shares my "every one of you but Doolittle can kick rocks" sentiments towards the Nats -- so let's get into it!

Points: 

Altuve 5
Bregman 2
Gurriel 1
Springer 1

Altuve the clear BPPVP for that series; Springer showing signs of life but still the LVP, and I think our Victorino is that gorgeous TB relay from the other night, but if we have to take a hitter, let's give it to Tampa's Sogard and his gaudy 1.750 OPS for five games.

Money and hope, after the jump.




Nobody's leaving us, and we have some rustling around at the top:

42 SDB 2
33 Stempel
32 Cayenne and Fell 2

And with the exception of the zombie slates, it's pretty close for the rest of you:

31 Bauer 1 and Fell 1
30 Yuhan 2

29 Winklepleck
28 Arbour 2, Cameron 2, and Brady
27 Reid 1

25 DGB, Bauer 2, Shotwell 1
23 Arbour 1, Shotwell 2, and Tormey
22 Reid 2, SDB1, and Dunn
21 Lund, Cameron 1

19 Crase
17 Yuhan 1

Tonight's action sees Anibal "Dirty" Sanchez vs. Miles "St." Mikolas at 8:08 ET in St. Louis. I need Goldie to keep hitting to open up my lead before the AL is back Saturday and the Yankee pickers make themselves heard again (one hopes) (and by "one," I mean my other slate). Good luck, everyone!


1 comment:

Steve said...

Whooo Bellinger's Corpse/The Mahieu/Judge bringing up the rear!