Tuesday, October 16, 2018

MIL 4, LAD 0

...Lord, that slo-mo of Bellinger hitting the outfield fence. They just...kept...showing it. And I just...kept...giggling and then feeling bad. That poor man.

Joc Pedersen welcomed his daughter Poppy (God help me, but: baw, that is a cute name) with some TB, but nobody picked him this year, and nobody drove him in either as the Dodgers got blanked...but then somehow the Crew only managed a single point for our picks: 

Yelich 1

Machado 3
Puig 2
Turner 1

No change here at the top, though I'll tip my hat to my pops clambering out of the sub-basement, at least until the day's games get underway. The money:


41 MArbour 2, Fell 1
40 MArbour 1
39 Shotwell 1


36 Reid Hate
34 Johnson 2, Yuhan 1

29 Richardson
28 a cast of thousands

25 Brady and Johnson 1
24 a whack of other people

A snapshot of the full standings after the jump.




Not to sound like I'm over it already, which I am not -- but we've got two games today, and until the line-ups do their thing (or don't) to break up the clumps in our standings, these are your headlines.

And this is that snapshot:


The ALCS resumes at 5:09 ET (gahhh) on TBS, Eovaldi v. Keuchel, and that could either be a nail-biting pitchers' duel or an equally nail-biting, but deliciously pointish, trip through the teams' bullpens. 

The nightcap is Gio vs. Rich Hill at 9:09 on FS1, though I'll be following it on the At Bat app/radio because Joe Buck's relationship with Google Assistant is making me uncomfortable. And L.A. bats better make Gio uncomfortable with a quickness or this series may not make it back to Miller Park. 

Good luck, all!

No comments: