Sunday, October 28, 2018

BOS 9, LAD 6

My grand prediction last night, before Puig even went yard, was that if the Dodgers won Game 4, they would win the Series...and if they lost Game 4 they would not win another game in the Series. I hope I'm wrong, because as always I'm not ready for baseball to end (not least since it will make it harder to ignore the asinine choices getting made in Flushing)...but I don't think I'm wrong. Boston is getting so little production from its marquee players and still dominating.

I mean, yeah, maybe send Madson a muffin basket, but still. 

Points:

Benintendi 1
Bogaerts 1

Machado 1
Muncy 1
Puig 4
Turner 4

Mookie's silent bat is causing some fulminations amongst his pickers, as Machado and Turner continue to pay off:

73 Shotwell 1
72 MArbour 1
63 Reid Hate

Zombies and more after the jump...




58 still shufflin': MArbour 2, Fell 1, Johnson 2
56 Richardson, Bingham 2
55 JArbour 1, Yuhan 1
51 Yuhan 2

47 Johnson 1
45 Shotwell 2
44 Cameron 1
43 Zombie Cameron 2, not quite dead and loving it DGB

40 Brady
39 Crase

27 Winklepleck

FWIW, Springer still has more TB after a week dormant than the current leaders -- and my dad's kooky-seeming Puig pick is a strong second among still-active picks. I mean, yeah, he has to hit nothing but dingers in a Series that goes 7, but that's why they play the games, right?

And they play one tonight. As of last night's broadcast, the booth had the starters as Kershaw and Sale, but Alex Cora is going with Price instead. The commentary I've heard has it that Sale is Not Right -- bone chips, dead legs, who knows what -- and Cora may not have a choice, but if he does have a choice, I'm not sure this is the right one. When it's been absolutely necessary to cover Sale's ass, Price has done it, and he didn't allow any earned Friday night, but he did give up a hit and a walk; he did warm up a couple times last night, IIRC; and the Dodgers could have an opportunity here if they get him early.

I don't see that happening. I hope the series goes back to Beantown, but I think we're at the end of it. We'll find out, at a sensible time for a change -- 8:15 PM ET. Good luck, everyone!

1 comment:

Arbour said...

I am also not ready for baseball to be over!!!