Thursday, October 4, 2018

BPP 2018 is a go

Welcome back for the BPP's 13th go-round! No new faces this year, but one returning player who hasn't participated since the aughts (Hey, Dad.) and the usual complement of households locked in battle with each other.

The slate appears below -- double-click to enlarge. Only one duplicate, which given we have half the number of picks each this year is interesting.


Betts and Yelich leading with a dozen picks each; all eligible teams are represented, but Cleveland wasn't a popular option, while a lot of different people picked a lot of different Dodgers.

The fun -- by which I mean the sneaking out of double dates, team-building drinks, and family events to scoreboard-watch in the bar, and amongst the Buntings and Brady, who will get busted first tomorrow is...well, not really a question; it's clearly going to be me -- gets underway at 5:07 ET, Senzatela v. Woodruff in the COL/MIL series opener. 8:37 sees Atlanta in Chavez Ravine with Foltynewicz (guys: I spelled that right in one; it's cool if you don't believe me though, I wouldn't believe me) v. Ryu.

As always, grumbling, corrections, and wails of resentment and self-loathing are welcome in the comments. Which team will screw half the pool THIS time? Who's going home with the Shane Victorino Memorial "...THAT Guy?!" Award? Let's find out together! Good luck, everybody!

1 comment:

Sarah D Bunting said...

Sorry, it's actually a single click. I only use Blogger for this and I forget how it works for 11 months a year. :/