Tuesday, October 7, 2014

STL 3, LAD 2; Dodgers eliminated

I'm-a tell a little story now, because the pool is a smoking crater so why not. Drink-before-the-war time. So, Brady and I are enjoying some thin crust at Toby's Ale House and Matt Adams takes a big-boy cut at a high fastball, and I said, out loud, "Don, come get your boy. Adams isn't making that mistake twice." Another pitch; me again: "Come get him, D. Matts, come on."

And then, big fly.

And then the Dodgers are trying to rally with Puig sent in AS A PINCH-RUNNER. WHAT THE HIZZ. The only bro to get us any points last night and he's having a seat tonight in an elimination game. I don't know how y'all Dodgers fans deal with this shit all year, I really do not.

AND NOW THE YEAR'S OVER. Goddamn Rasputin Cardinals, I swear to God.

FINE. Points.

Gonzalez 1
Kemp 1

Kersh 14 (that's counting his hit)

Burnt picks and other despair, after the jump.

Oot:
Gonzalez
Greinke
Kemp
Kershaw
Puig

The money as of this writing is:
Cameron 1: 85
Yuhan: 82.34
Reid 1: 81.67

And Cameron 2 right behind...but all Cameron's picks are burnt as of this writing, and regardless of who prevails in SF/WSH, we'll lose a few more when it's all said and done. Only Tormey 2 has all picks remaining.

This is the earliest I can remember the cloud of hopeless descending on so many of us. I blame the stupid new play-in.

...But y'all picked smartly, in my opinion. It just didn't go how it was supposed to.

See you back here with the wrap-up from AT&T.

1 comment:

LeighBee said...

I was saying similar things. To the cat, since she was home with me. What I really know about baseball wouldn't fill a thimble, but I knew it was time to get Kershaw the hell outta there.

And now we have the effing Cards, which are one of the few (maybe only??) teams that could ever cause me to root for the Dodgers, so I have shame AND anger.