Wednesday, October 8, 2014

SF 3, WSH 2; Nats eliminated

You know, maybe if Werthless and LaRoche had done a damn thing? But they basically didn't. Contenders for LVP in a simply brutal set of LDSes poolwise, for sure.

Your points:
Harper 7
Posey 2

Aaaaand the burnt picks:
Fister
Harper
LaRoche
Rendon
Strasburg
Werth
Zimmermann

I mean...wow.

Full standings after the jump.

An asterisk means the slate has no picks remaining, and will probably not appear in updates anymore, although I am very tempted to just give everyone a free pitcher for the LCSes. I have a couple days to decide. In the meantime:

Cameron 1*: 85
Tormey 1: 84.33
Reid 1: 83.67

Yuhan*: 82.34

Cameron 2*: 79
Bingham 1*: 77.34
Brady: 77
Shotwell 2*: 75.67
Richardson: 75
Bingham 2: 73.67
Shotwell 1: 72.34

Bunting 2: 69.33
Green*: 60.67

Bean*: 58.33
Dunn*: 55
Tormey 2: 53
Bunting 1: 52
Ramos*: 50

Rogers*: 41.67
Reid 2: 38.67

Tormey 2 still has all picks. Bunting 1 has four. A few people have two, but share them with people ahead of them.

We've had the occasional brutal shelling before, or a hitter everyone picked (Votto, Manny) going tits up and screwing us, but this is the worst and most surprising clearing of the decks I can remember. All these picks made total sense to me; as I do every year, I looked at Aaron Cameron's slate and was like, well, shit, I overbet [x team]. Short series = worst, man.

Anyway. Not sure what I'll do going forward, but it's likely the same as prior years, i.e. if you have no picks left or are mathematically eliminated, you'll drop off the updates. I'm sorry it turned out this way, folks -- and I hope you'll stick around and keep grumbling along with me.

If not: 2015!

Either way: see you back here before Friday's game with an update/predix.

2 comments:

Warren said...

Hey, Sarah--

Warren here. Just chose this medium to confirm that you're paired with Ken Griffey Sr. For April 3rd, 2015. Maybe we'll tell him that it's "Bring Your Kid To Work Week" at MTSU (and apologies if I've already rolled that one out...).

And on to the LCS!

Sarah D Bunting said...

Sarah D. Bunting likes this.