Friday, October 3, 2014

KC 3, LAA 2 (11)

Not a ton of pointage in the free-baseball nightcap; a ton of picks, and a ton of goose eggs for those picks (Iannetta is an early Victorino Memorial Platinum Slugger candidate, along with "Mr." Freese...again...).

Gordon 3
Weaver 11

And that's it!

Your first full standings after the jump. Spoiler: everybody's in play. Yay!

22.33: Cameron 1, Dunn
22 (my lucky number!): Bunting 1
21: Bingham 2
17.33: Brady, Bunting and Cameron 2, Mme. Bean, Ramos
13.33: Reid 2
12.33: Tormey 1
11: Rogers
10: Tormey 2, Stephen "Oh, The Hell With" Yuhan
8: Richardson
5: Reid 1, Shotwell 2, Green, Bingham 1
1: Shotwell 1

The standings are nearly meaningless at this point, of course, but this is where I hone my dumb jokes. ("They're plenty dumb already." - Brady; everyone else.)

All glorious pointy NL hell is set to break loose starting at noon. MLB.com is calling this delightful state of affairs "TGI4day," so I'm not the only one struggling with the wordplay around here. ANYWAY. Sked below, all times ET.

12: DET/BAL, TBS
3: SF/WSH, FS1 (so we're all agreeing to pretend this is a channel that exists, then? my advice, listen on the At Bat app instead, the local ads are kinda fun)
6:30: STL/LAD, FS1
9:30: KC/LAA, TBS

As always, feel free to rant, despair, or correct my arithmetic in the comments.

2 comments:

LeighBee said...

YOUR lucky number is 22? MY lucky number is 22. The Captcha for this comment has a 22 in it. AND a 21. EBOLA.

Inning one, I was pretty glad I had opted for Tillman over Scherzer. Not that it mattered in that agonizing eighth.

Sarah D Bunting said...

I was considering an all-22 slate, actually, but once McCutchen was out of it it it didn't seem worthwhile.