Wednesday, October 22, 2014

SF 7, KC 1

Hello again! We're back, and it's the World Series. I didn't do much reading prior to last night's game, but the browsing I did do indicated, to my surprise, that the Giants are favored here. Certainly last night's businesslike thumping of Mr. Shields bore that out; as Brady put it, San Francisco has "been there," and I don't give a ton of credence to that sort of thing...but in this case it might make the difference.

That, and pitching in a short series. I'm not sure the Royals have enough starter-wise to prevail here. God knows the KC hitter picks around here aren't making up the difference.

Your points!

Posey 1
Sandoval 4

MadBum 11
Shields 3

Standings, hit the jump.


Thanks to Sandoshields (..."Shieldoval"?), Tormey climbs to second:

Reid: 130.34
Tormey: 126
Brady: 123.67

Richardson 98.67
Bingham 90

Bunting 75.33

Unless KC's lineup goes on an absolute tear and the Royals reel off four straight before Bumgarner's turn comes back up -- spoiler: won't happen -- this is probably your top three, and we're really waiting to see whether Tormey is first or second. But you just never know who's going to come in in relief, I guess...

Next game is tonight at 8 ET. I've really been enjoying listening to the games on the AtBat app; Jon Miller is quite a good announcer, freed of the millstone that was Joe Morgan.

No comments: