Monday, October 29, 2012

SF 4, DET 3 (10); congrats, Giants and Cameron 1!

The Giants sweep the Tigers, and Aaron Cameron is our very first repeat BPP winner -- by less than a point! Congratulations, Bay Area.

I'm a bit bummed that we're out of baseball for the year, but it was an impressive performance by the Giants -- and I hope I'll see you all back here next year, when we'll have a slightly adjusted hitter-points set-uip, and (hopefully) less agita surrounding the wild-card set-up.

Until then...the final points:

Cabrera: 4
Posey: 4

Cain: 10
Scherzer: 13.33

And the final standings after the jump. Please check my arithmetic if something looks off to you.


Cameron 1: 163.78
Johnson 2: 163
Reid: 156.34
Bingham 1: 155.34
Wonsetler 1: 142.99
O'Reilly: 142.77
Phillips: 140.34
Johnson 1: 139.01
Rogers: 134.67
Tormey: 127.33
Green: 122.33
Bingham 2: 116
Cameron 2: 115
El's Bells: 114.67
Shotwell: 99.66
Broomfield/Romine: 91.34
Wonsetler 2: 89.33

And now, some more arithmetic: with 22 total entries, the prize money totals $220. That's $154 for Cameron, $44 for Johnson, and $22 for Reid.

I will wait until tomorrow to disburse the monies, just to make sure nobody catches any horrendous math errors -- but if that's not an issue, we're closing up shop for the year at BPP. Thanks again for joining in, and I look forward to 2013.

3 comments:

Aaron C. said...

Thanks, as always, for your madd organizational skills in arranging this every October, Sarah. For me, it was the equivalent of grief counseling after Jim Leyland put out his still-smoldering butt on my A's season.

LeighBee said...

This was way fun! Thanks, Sarah, for mixing up a post-season salve for a super-sad Rockies fan. April is only five months away.

Joe Reid said...

Somehow, during the rare years when I'm not sweeping up the basement of this pool, I end up collecting a little consolation money. Not bad. (And both times for picking the Giants when they won it all, making me an unintentional Giants fan at this point. Bay Area rivals, Cam!)

Sarah, this was so much fun, as always. Thanks for all the hard work.