Monday, October 23, 2023

TEX 9, HOU 2

I guess nobody's winning home games in the ALCS, eh? Eovaldi looked pretty great; Valdez looked less great, but wasn't the problem; and Garcia made a resounding, RBI-rich case for this year's Victorino Award.

And yet, not that many points...

Altuve 2
Alvarez 2
Diaz 0
Tucker 0

Seager 0
Semien 2


Before the last multi-game day of the postseason [snif], let's look at the standings:

97 Crase
90 Wonsetler
88 YOLO Joe

73 SDB 2

67 Yuhan
64 Fell
63 SDB 1
61 Dunn

52 Bauer Spoon and Bingham 1

45 Stempel
40 Quinn

37 LyonCorn
36 MArbour 1 and Bingham 2
32 MArbour 2 and Cayenne 2
30 Richardson

28 Tormey
22 O'Reilly
21 Cayenne 1

14 Cameron


NLCS Game 6 starts at 5:07 ET on TBS. If I'm the Philadelphia line-up, I'm trying to mash early in counts and put it out of reach emotionally early...but my last name is "Bunting" so what do I know, right? (Except that Thomson should strongly consider not pitching to Ketel Marte.) I think this series ends tonight; we'll see.

Curtain goes up on the ALCS Game 7 drama at 8:03 on FOX. No idea what happens, except that any result is going to knock out a few slates for us, so why not make an authoritative prediction so we can all laugh at me later? ...Scherzer is rested and dealing; the cool patches in the Houston line-up can't put anything together; Rangers win.

We'll find out. Good luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Middle of the pack (of which I am among) has the same number of points as last year's winner.

What a post-season.

Sarah D Bunting said...

My god, you're right. Tell me they're juicing the ball without telling etc.