Thursday, October 6, 2016

NL Wild Card: SF 3, NYM 0

Well: yeah. The 2015 postseason was exhilarating for a Mets fan, but also exhausting, and the 2016 campaign had its pleasant surprises but, if only for recuperative purposes, needed to end so everyone could go lie down with a green shake and let their bones knit.

Now it's on to BPP 2016 and hoping the Cubs finally win this fucker so we, and they, can stop talking about it.

Do I think that will happen? ...I don't. But that's why they play the games, and that's why WE have the BPP.

Picks are due at noon ET. 

Because I'll be over Nebraska somewhere when this shit gets rolling, start times et al. after the jump...


First up, and please let this flight have a cable hookup: 4:30 ET's The Fracas In Dallas, The Assault In Arlington, TOR at TEX, with Estrada and Hamels on the hill. The mood is already quite ugly, which is fine with me on the merits as long as nobody gets hurt and the fans keep their $9 beers to themselves from now on; what I'm not looking forward to is the clucking in the booth about fighting and unwritten rules.

The nighttime game, 8 ET, is a series I feel like nobody is talking about, BOS at CLE, Porcello vs. Bauer. There's this "well, Cleveland" thing going on that's kind of a shame, though IMO I see Boston cruising to the LCS on this side of the bracket.

All games on TBS today, which is nice for the Mets fans who can hear Ron Darling and still feel like we're a part of things.

I'm back on tonight with pool and score updates; good luck, everyone!

No comments: