Wednesday, October 9, 2013

STL 6, PIT 1; Cards move on to NLCS

It's the best outcome for the pool, but still too bad for the Pirates, as their first winning season since the '90s comes to an end. I can't say I didn't see it coming, though; without the break, and/or staying in Pittsburgh, I think the Pirates had a chance, but back in St. Louis, no. (And they probably would have gotten wood-chipped by the Dodgers anyway.)

So the Pirate picks take their leave of us with a whimper:

Alvarez 1
Adams 5
Holliday 2
Molina 1
Wainwright 16 (that includes 3 for the CG)

MVP: Wainwright, with Alvarez the clear leader on the hitting side.
LVP: Live by the Burnett, die by the Burnett.
Shane Victorino Award: Nobody really strikes me. Marte, I guess?

Standings after the jump.


How does this affect the pool going forward? PIT didn't have a ton of picks on the board; the outcome of tomorrow's DET/OAK game is more of a factor.

In the meantime, the money:

Birthworthy 96
Bingham 1 95
Quinn and Reid 87

Shotwell 86.67
Johnson 1 84
Green 80

Cameron 2 78.33
Johnson 2 75.67
Sheebell 75
Ramos 74
Dunn 73.67

Tormey 69.67
Cameron 67.67

Bunting 1 59.33

Bunting 2 and Bingham 2 48
Stempardson 42
Rogers 40

ALDS deciding game tomorrow at 8 PM. TBS is literally the only channel not working at my house; kill me/see you then.

No comments: