Sunday, October 13, 2013

STL 1, LAD 0

The first of the day's...what's the opposite of a slugfest? "Slugdirge"? When the only pick on a given team picking up a TB is the pitcher thanks to 1) excellent stuff from the opponent and 2) a key hitter pick held out of the game with an injury, it's...interesting.

Nice of Carpenter to show up finally, though.

Kershaw 1
Carpenter 3

Kershaw 10

Small change to the money as Reid joins the leaders:

114 Bingham I and Johnson I
112 Birthworthy
107 Reid

With the other Irishmen, Dunn and Quinn, not far off the pace.

Down 2-0 going back to the Ravine, L.A.'s chances do not look good to me. These have been close road games, it's true, but I'm standing by my prediction that, if the Dodgers didn't hamstring St. Louis with a quickness, they wouldn't make it out.

ALCS scores momentarily.

No comments: