Friday, November 4, 2022

PHI 3, HOU 2

I feel like I should post some variation on the how-it-started/how-it's-going meme here; based on the first inning, it seemed like a big gaudy score was on the horizon, with a final score of 11-7 or something like that. That's not how it turned out, and all the points the pool picked up were in the bank with the first pitch of the game. 

Now, if I had any real idea how these things were going to go, I wouldn't be in dead last (aaaaagain), but I don't know how much more baseball there is. I think the Phils had to come out last night and break Houston's backs, and that didn't happen.

Here's what did happen: a new look for the money for the first time since the LCSes.

52 Reid 2
46 Yuhan
45 Drake

43 Rogge and Cameron

40 Bingham
39 Tormey and Fell

34 Dunn
33 Cayenne

28 Reid 1
24 SDB

No game tonight with the teams traveling to Houston. What happens from here? If last night was in fact the Phils' best/most important chance, I think the Astros handle their business tomorrow night and, with the exception of some scuffling around third place, the standings here probably stay about the same.

But I don't know! I hope I'm wrong. I don't care for the Astros and I always want more baseball. We'll find out either way starting at 8:03 (.........sigh with these start times) PM ET on FOX (super-sigh). Good luck!

1 comment:

Fell said...

What a weird postseason! Congrats to zombie slate Reid and thanks again for running the pool!