Thursday, October 22, 2009

LAA 7, NYY 6

...Huh.

Some unexpected point pick-ups along the way in a nail-biter of a game that saw Weaver on in relief for 3 -- and Teixeira on the board for a key 3 as well.

I get a bad feeling about the series going back to New York.  I have no evidence in support of this, but I commented on Tuesday that if the Yankees leave the door open wide enough that it goes back to the Bronx, they'll lose.  I'm not happy about it, but I'm going to stand by it.  Comments welcome.

Meanwhile, your points:

LAA: 3

Jeter, D: 1
Rodriguez, A: 2
Teixeira, M: a long-overdue 3

Burnett, AJ: 9, in spite of himself
Weaver, J: 3

-----

You won't see much difference between this ranking and last night's, although I managed to gain an inch of ground.  Warren's points have been corrected, so those of you with your own shadow spreadsheets should check my work if you feel the need.  (...Ben.)

Kim: 189.33
Ben 1: 171.33
Warren: 159.67

Aaron: 159.33
Maria 2: 155.67
Lauren: 152.67

Matt: 149.67
Maria 1: 142.33

Tim: 138.67
Sarah: 136.66
Stephen: 131.67

LJ: 116.67

Ben 2: 107

John: 97.67

Jill: 88.33
Tom: 88

Joe: 76.33

-----

See you back here over the weekend; provisionally, it's Saunders vs. Pettitte at 8:07 ET in the Bronx.

2 comments:

Universal Donor said...

Sars! Poolers!

I just want to say that I am so jazzed about the news rules/scoring system! I just looked today for the first time. I don't get baseball here in Africa. Hell, I don't even have a TV. Hell, I don't even how electricity at the house!

But good luck to all! Go A-Rod!

Love,
Jeremy Broomfield

Bunting said...

Broomfield! Inspiration for the total-bases scoring system! Sorry you're not in this year; stay well.