Monday, November 2, 2009

NYY 7, PHI 4

A good outcome for Yankee fans that was still painful to watch.  I had Lidge in the pool last year and he did pretty well for me; I haven't enjoyed his decline this year, and last night's abrupt return to mean (with all credit to the Bomber hitters) was sad to see.

Points for almost everyone from various sources last night, and although the top two spots seem unassailable at this late date, the battle for third isn't over, as Maria 2's Utley pick once again allowed her to step over several other aspirants.

Your points:

NYY: 3

Jeter, D: 2
Rodriguez, A: 2

Howard, R: 1
Rollins, J: 1
Utley, C: 6

Sabathia, CC: 12.67

-----

Kim: 263.33
Ben: 261.33
Maria 2: 228.34

Warren: 220.34

Aaron: 215.33
Lauren: 213.34

Sarah: 202.66

Tim: 194.34

Stephen: 188.34
Matt: 185.34

Maria 1: 172.33

-----

Tonight's matchup is my last shot at finishing in the money, with both starters on the hill -- but they both have to go deep and strike guys out in double figures (won't happen, not for Burnett), AND Teixeira has to hit like 7 home runs (won't happen, dude's ice cold), AND the Yanks have to end the series because neither of them will go again since it's already Game 5 and I have zero shot without my starters (could happen; I think last night's results probably took a toll psychologically). 

And it would also really help me out if the Captain would quit hitting like Rogers Hornsby, but I'm not really complaining.  I'm just saying.

The only other question is whether Ben can wrest the top spot from Kim, which will probably require a Game 6 so that Pettitte can take another turn.  Like I said, it's a fight for third for the rest of us, and if any of you have side action on that, I'd advise you to bet Warren.  Then again, I bet Colorado, so clearly I don't know squat.

AJ vs. Cliff, 7:57 PM ET.  

2 comments:

Tim said...

Things I have learned from Tim McCarver tonight:

1. Throwing a breaking ball in the dirt when it's 0-2 is a good way to get Jayson Werth out.

2. Cliff Lee is a different pitcher than he was 3 months ago when he was on the Cleveland Indians.

Bunting said...

Joe Buck just informed me that "a new stat that's kind of in vogue" is OPS. It's enough to make me miss Joe Morgan.