Tuesday, October 6, 2026

CWS 4, CLE 3

Not the pitching changes I'd have made as the Guards' manager, but that's why I do this and they do that, I suppose. Cleveland just seems...stuck, grinding uphill; I don't know.

Got some points, though, finally...

Meidroth 2
Montgomery, C 0
Murakami 1
Vargas 1

DeLauter 2
Kwan 1

The money looks the same --

32 Yuhan 2
29 Bauer 2, Fell 2
26 O'Reilly

-- but it's interesting near the podium --

25 Crase
24 Winklepleck

-- and thanks to Mr. DeLauter*, the last point-less slate is on the board, so no Gol-Dunn Sombrero this year, huzzah!

*I had a history teacher with a nearly identical last name back in the day; can't bring myself not to use the "Mr."

Thanks to this asinine stagger sked for the ALDSes, these teams don't go again until Wednesday night. Stand by for the Rays/Met-- er, Yankee score in a few minutes!

No comments: