Wednesday, November 3, 2021

ATL 7, HOU 0; Bravos are World Champs

I admit I was somewhat distracted from this outcome by election crap in my district, but what a strange end for the Astros, shut out at home by a team that spent the first half of the season looking apathetic at best. But the first half of the season really doesn't matter -- and now the season's over.

Time to care about college hoops instead! But first, the business at hand. Final points of the session:

Albies 2
Freeman 6
Riley 0
Swanson 4

Altuve 1
Álvarez 1
Tucker 0

And thanks to Freddie, Yuhan surges back into the lead at the end. Your winners:

99 Yuhan 2 // $217
96 Fell 1 // $62
67 Cayenne 2 // $31

The complete final standings and a few awards, after the jump!

62 Stempel

51 Bingham 1
50 SDB 1,
Shotwell 1

49 Tormey, Cayenne 1
46 Arbour 2
44 Shotwell 2
42 Crase
41 Cameron 2

38 Grove, Wonsetler
32 SDB 2
31 Cameron 1

27 Yuhan 1, Quinn
25 Richardson
24 Arbour 1, Bauer 1, Wonsetler 2, Johnson 2
23 Winklepleck
20 Bauer 2

17 Bingham 2
15 Johnson 1

7 Fell 2
4 Brady
0 the gol-Dunn sombrero // a small plastic sombrero, to remain in Dunn's custody until another slate goose-eggs it

Jorge Soler was named the Series MVP, but the pool MVP, again thanks to last night's scoring, is Freddie Freeman, who notched 35 TB -- followed closely by Tucker (33), Altuve (32), and Riley and Álvarez (31). 

The Shane Victorino Memorial Flyin' Hawaiian Award is usually a guy who's still in it at the end of the run, and the top candidate there is Eddie Rosario...but he "only" had 37 TB. Kiké Hernandez still topped all postseason batters with 41 despite getting eliminated before the Classic. So, they're co-Victorini this year, with hat tips to Chris Taylor and Michael Brantley. 

And the BPP LVP, unsurprisingly, goes to Brandon Lowe. Seldom have so many picked with so little return. 

...and that's it! Thanks so much for being a part of BPP '21, everyone. Postseason baseball and these updates provided a welcome distraction during a tough time, and I'm glad you all were here; I hope some fun was had, and I'll see you in 2022. 

Payouts will go out this afternoon, just to give you time to check my math/data entry. My source for stats throughout was MLB.com. xo SDB

9 comments:

Steve said...

FREEEMAAAAAN
I won't let you down
FREEEMAAAAAN
I will not give you up

Steve said...

Thanks again Sars!

LeighBee said...

Well done

LeighBee said...

Thanks, Sarah. I'm glad I was here, too... Fun was had!

Fell said...

Should the LVP award be the "Get Low[e]" award?

Fun as always -- thanks for running the pool again, Sarah!

Maria said...

Thanks so much for this! I pine for my almost-slate as always, this year’s starring Soler, Freeman, and Álvarez. Get Low(e), indeed.

Maria said...

Also, congrats to the winners and yay me for tying with a ghost!

cayenne said...

Woohoo, I made a profit of $11! What will I do with all these riches??

Seriously, though, this pool was an awesome way to keep me engaged in a series between the two grossest teams in the leagues, so thanks to Sarah for hosting again, congrats to Yuhan and Fell, and see you all next season!

Only 102 days until pitchers and catchers report!!!

Stempel said...

FOURTH??? FOURTH??? Almost as inspiring as the Word Series between two ugh teams. Echoing the many thanks above for running the pool and keeping us interested! Until next year!