Tuesday, September 29, 2020

BPP 2020 now has the force of law

 (Narrator: "It doesn't.")

Welcome back, everyone! Welcome to a couple new faces; welcome back to a couple old hands. I'm just glad we're all here. I'll tell you frankly, I didn't think they'd get even this whole truncated season in, much less to the postseason, but if I'd had to run some damn dice-baseball Zoom thing to keep the BPP going, I'd have done it. 

Fortunately (?), MLB hauled itself and us to October (ish). With 31 minutes to the opening bell, let's have a look at the picks:


Speaking of 31, that's how many slates we've got going this year; that's $217 for our first-place finisher, $62 for second, and $31 for third. Only one duplicate slate that I can see.

Heaviest action team-wise is on the Dodgers; Mookie Betts leads individual picks handily, with Freeman and Ozuna not far behind. But what's really interesting here is that, while three of the NL teams were picked heavily, the other five weren't picked at all. (Even I finally learned my lesson with Votto.) At least one pick from every AL team, but the NL Central may as well not even exist at this school. Which means we know where the Flyin' Hawaiian Trophy is coming from this time around...

HOU/MIN starts us off after 2 PM ET, followed by CWS/OAK at 3, Jays/Rays at 5-ish, and the marquee matchup, Yanks/Spiders, at 7. Check the picks, email/comment with any mistakes or other mental anguishing, and good luck! 

2 comments:

LeighBee said...

I don't have cable or anything in the room I WFH in, just a little TV with rabbit ears, and I'm getting crystal clear coverage of the Twins. In the middle of the day. Pretty sweet, I must say.

Sarah D Bunting said...

Recorded an Extra Hot Great powered by PiP of the 2 and 3 o'clock games.